© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor in the fourth round of their Las Vegas showdown UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov on Saturday spoke out for the first time about his demolition of Conor McGregor and the mayhem that ensued when he leapt out of the octagon in Las Vegas last weekend.
The undefeated lightweight fighter – whose £2million purse has been withheld– laid bare his feelings about his win, and the melee, and vowed he would do it all again.
Speaking on Russian TV, millions tuned in to hear hehad been suffering severe seizures in the the build up to the fight as a result of drastically trying to cut weight.© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Khabib Nurmagomedov revealed how he pushed his body to its limits for last weekend's bout
'I did not know whether I would win or not but I was confident in my abilities. I did not expect such provocation from him though,' he said.
'When I won I wanted to make him understand that you cannot say things like that.
'Trash talk has changed the game - we will change it back.'
Khabib, whose father said he was happy his son had won but would discipline him for leaping out of the cage, said: 'Every opponent shook my hand except him - he did not shake hands. He himself unleashed this war.'
Khabib revealed how president Vladimir Putin had telephoned him after his stunning victory and gave a glimpse into their conversation.© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Nurmagomedov beat Ireland's Conor McGregor in Las Vegas to win the lightweight title
He said: 'As Putin said: 'When they attack us from the back, we beat them...'
On hearing this, the studio audience erupted in applause.
© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Nurmagomedov exploded in rage after being provoked by McGregor's camp in Las Vegas Khabib went on to divulge how restless he became before the fight, but revealed he slept like a baby the night before the Vegas showdown.
'I slept very well,' he added. 'Because the day before the fight I did not sleep at all. I had weight loss and I felt very bad.
'I had seizures and I felt very ill. But if I lost I would not tell you about this. Because that would have been an excuse.© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Khabib revealed how president Vladimir Putin had telephoned him after his stunning victory
'However after the weigh-in everything was good. The main thing was my psychological attitude.
'If you are not psychologically ready then your physical training will not help you in the fight.
'I worry like any other fighter – the whole world is watching us. I'm not worried that anyone can beat me, I worry only about what I can lose. I am 30 years old and the years have passed very quickly.
'Victory, defeat, all of this is not as important as the good things in life.'© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Khabib insisted that he wasn't troubled about whether his opponent can beat him
As the interview went on, Nurmagomodeov also sensationally blamed the UFC for possibly orchestrating the horrific bus attack incident earlier this year for which McGregor was arrested.
Speaking about the events that led up to the fight, specifically the moment when McGregor ambushed the fighters' bus he was travelling in at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn on April 5 this year.
He said: 'I was offended that all the hype leading up to this fight focused on the idea that he attacked and I didn't get off the bus,' he said in Russian. 'It was a shame and I asked the Almighty for the fight to happen and the cage door to close with us in it so everyone could find out who is who. Who actually sits on the bus and who doesn't.
'All the other situations, it has been me with my team of about 20 people ... But in the in the end I was told for media day I have to go alone, I was riding not with my team but with all the other red corner fighters on the card. So I had one man and my manager with me.
'When I think back there are so many questions I don't have the answer to. Did they do it all on purpose?' he asked.
'In my personal opinion, I feel like the bus incident was organised with UFC's help. I can't accuse them, but I would give it 70 per cent that they did it. I wanted to get off the bus and all the other fighters on the bus confirmed this in their interviews, and all the managers as well.
'It all happened in a minute in a half, two minutes max,' Khabib continued. 'He's there with his cameras and his PR team with him shooting. An important point: the Barclays Center is a very big arena, a 20,000 person arena, but he knew where we were exactly. How could they have known? And how did they enter the arena with a gang of 20, 30 men? Come on.'
He concluded: 'Conor has nothing to do with this media event and has a gang with him but these jokers lead him and everyone to the elevator where our bus is?' Khabib shrugged disbelief.
'I'm an athlete, but I'm also educated. My brain works pretty well for 15 years of fighting. I haven't taken many shots to the head so I still have brains.'
Later on, he was asked whether or not his father had carried through any punishment for his actions post-fight, and Khabib replied: 'No, but there was a reprimand. I always want to make my father happy, but he did not praise me for this.
'This is a victory for my father. After the fight he said to me that I was behaving incorrectly. I agree with my father. But I would still do the same again.'© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Khabib posted this picture as he posed with his belt next to the car of UFC chief Dana White
Khabib, who had been constantly provoked by Ireland's McGregor throughout the build up to the mega-fight at UFC 229, sprung out of the octagon just moments after submitting McGregor and launched himself at his team-mate Dillon Danis for alleged racial slurs.
In the mayhem that followed, McGregor and Khabib's team traded blows in the ring and police were called to stop the trouble escalating into the crowds.
Since then both fighter's have been temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Commission.
However, the 30-year-old Russian, who is a devoutly religious fighter, has suddenly become a global superstar, winning millions of fans across the globe with his fighting prowess and dignity in the build up to the mixed martial arts fight.
In the space off just six days he has won a staggering eight million new followers on his social media sites and thousands of memes and videos showing him humiliating McGregor have swamped the internet.
As a result of his win and surging popularity he has also had offers thrown at him from the world of WWEand from rival MMA organisation Bellator, whose ambassador, 50 Cent, laid down a £2m sweeter for him if he came to fight for them.
Meanwhile McGregor has been relatively quiet, by his standards, opting to state simply that Khabib may have 'won the match' butthat the Crumlin-fighter had 'won the battle'.
McGregor posted shots of him flying to Los Angeles with teammate Danis to attend his pals Drake and Migos concert at the Staples Center.
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/mma/khabib-nurmagomedov-reveals-he-suffered-seizures-the-night-before-bout-with-conor-mcgregor-as-he-pushed-his-body-to-its-limits-to-make-weight/ar-BBOo389